Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Asgn_22_Class_27_2012_03_21

Class will be a review of revised presentations and one-page reports. Post a PCRC on Monday's discussions - standard questions.

3 comments:

  1. Brian Evans
    22 / DTRA proposal meeting 3/19

    0. Knew: I was somewhat familiar of most of the underlying issues discussed in terms of designing each construct.

    1. Learned: That bile collection remains an issue in terms of designing a liver construct. I learned more information on the physiology, biochemistry, and scaling issues associated with the renal system. I also had not given to much thought to how the individual constructs would be integrated into 'megatron' and what metrics would be used to determine organ health/failure.

    3. Presentation topic: Considerations for integrating separate tissue constructs into an ex vivo network for pharmacological testing.

    4. Thoughts: I was really impressed with the efficiency and intellectual level of the entire meeting. I learned a lot and it was personally gratifying to contribute to a meeting full of experts in their respective fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Matloff
    22 / DTRA Proposal Meeting 3/19

    0. Knew: The contents of DTRA's call and the ideas of the group's proposal.

    1. Learned: Some components of the media may not work in the mass spec. The difficulties of keeping the organs separable while allowing them to combine.

    2. Pressing?: Does the DTRA call want all of the organs to be easily distributable?

    3. Presentation: History and difficulties of cell culture. Automated cell culture systems.

    4. Thoughts: I thought the meeting was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach Eagleton
    Assgn_22/Presentation and one page reports review.
    0 Knew: the basics of what we had been talking about in class on organ-on-chip.
    1 Learned: From what I sat in on, I got a flavor of all the issues we are dealing with, scaling only being one of many.
    2 Pressing ?: Are we going to try and oxygenate the system with the lung, and did they modify the LoC design?
    3 Presentation: perfluorocarbons as O2 carriers
    4 Thoughts: From what I heard from the discussion,seems that there are a vast amount of problems that we have thought about and are going to need solved.

    ReplyDelete